What did we test?
Price Perrott's snapshot survey involved a visual review of the home page of each bank's main website for obvious links. A search of each website using the search engine provided was made using the following phrases:
- Customer charter
- Customer promise
- Customer service mission
- Customer service standards
- National Bank (part of ANZ group)
- National Westminster Bank (NatWest)
- Lloyds TSB
What results did we find?
The clear winner was the UK's NatWest bank - the only institution with its customer charter as one of the five key links right in the centre of their home page.
This was an interesting exercise to perform, from the perspective of an average consumer using the internet to answer the question "what standard of service can I expect from this bank?"
- what is it our customers want to know about the service they're going to get from us?
- does our website search engine help them find this information quickly and easily?
- has my organisation put service excellence at the heart of its customer strategy?